ApplicationRainscreen Facade Insulation
MaterialRock Mineral Wool
RainScreen Slabs are treated with a water repellent additive, and are designed for use in ventilated façade systems where fire safety is a critical consideration.
Traditionally specified for commercial buildings (malls, hospitals, offices and hotels) as well as high rise accommodations for fire safety. Ventilated façade systems can be installed on new buildings or as a non-invasive refurbishment method to improve the aesthetic appearance of older, tired or previously uninsulated façades whilst simultaneously reducing energy consumption and the building’s lifetime running cost. They also enhance a building’s acoustic performance for a better living, working or, in the case of a hotel, relaxing experience.
- BBA Certified
- Non-combustible A1 Euroclass Reaction to Fire classification
- Excellent thermal performance, saves energy costs
- Excellent sound absorption characteristics provide high levels of sound reduction
- Suitable for use on both masonry substrates and metal frame structures
- Semi-rigid slabs ensure dimensional stability preventing encroachment into the cavity space
- Suitable for use on all buildings where fire safety is critical
- Suitable for use with outer leaf manufactured with glass, ceramic, aluminium or cement boards such as Knauf Aquapanel®
- Manufactured with ECOSE
|Thickness (mm)||Length (mm)||Width (mm)||Product Format||Area per Pack (m²)||Quantity per Pack||Packs per Pallet||Area per Pallet (m²)||R-Value (m²K/W)|
Additional Product Information
- ECOSE® Technology
ECOSE® Technology is our revolutionary sustainable bio-based binder used in the manufacture of all of our glass mineral wool products, and the majority of our rock mineral wool products. invented nearly 10 years ago, it is not only unique, but very much central to our sustainability strategy. Our ECOSE® Technology is present in RainScreen Slabs and is just another key benefit of our products.
ECOSE® Technology has 5 key benefits
- A natural binder
- A lower embodied energy
- Proven durability
- Optimum indoor air comfort
- Easy to handle
We care for the people who make our products, the people who use them and the world we all depend on.
Whilst we are dedicated to supplying sustainable high performance insulation solutions for enhanced energy efficiency in buildings, we also continually strive for improvements in our manufacturing and supply chain operations so to improve quality and minimise our impact on the environment. All Knauf Insulation production locations have state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment and meet the highest quality standards as well as they are supported by an ongoing research and development program. All of our products including RainScreen Slabs are sustainably manufactured.
At Knauf Insulation, we have 7 key sustainability considerations:
- to conserve natural resources
- to reduce the evironmental effects of our own processes
- Treating people fairly, along the supply chain
- Delivering our products efficiently
- Building a comfortable and healthy indoor environment
- Performance reporting