MaterialRock Mineral wool
Fire Duct Slabs (Fire-teK BD 917) are high performance slabs with a reinforced aluminium foil facing to one side, and tested for use in the fire protection of HVAC steel ductwork for up to 120 minutes.
Fire Duct Slabs also provide thermal and acoustic performance and are fixed using welded pin systems.
They can be installed horizontally or vertically on steel ductwork passing through compartmentation walls or floors. The aluminium facing acts as a vapour control layer.
- Non-combustible with a melting point in excess of 1000°C
- Provides up to 120 minutes fire protection of steel ductwork
- Suitable for applications above clean rooms, within air plenums, for kitchen extractors or aesthetic purposes
- Applied in a single thickness removing the need for multi-layer applications
|Thickness (mm)||Length (mm)||Width (mm)||Product Format||Area per Pack (m²)||Quantity per Pack||Packs per Pallet||Area per Pallet (m²)|
The download url has been copied to your clipboard
Additional Product Information
We care for the people who make our products, the people who use them and the world we all depend on.
Whilst we are dedicated to supplying sustainable high performance insulation solutions for enhanced energy efficiency in buildings, we also continually strive for improvements in our manufacturing and supply chain operations so to improve quality and minimise our impact on the environment. All Knauf Insulation production locations have state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment and meet the highest quality standards as well as they are supported by an ongoing research and development program. All of our products including Fire Duct Slabs are sustainably manufactured.
At Knauf Insulation, we have 7 key sustainability considerations:
- to conserve natural resources
- to reduce the evironmental effects of our own processes
- Treating people fairly, along the supply chain
- Delivering our products efficiently
- Building a comfortable and healthy indoor environment
- Performance reporting