ApplicationExternal Wall Insulation
MaterialRock Mineral Wool
Rocksilk® EWI (External Wall Insulation) Slabs are manufactured with a water repellent additive. External wall insulation systems (contact façades) are designed for use as a non-invasive method to thermally and acoustically upgrade external façades primarily in residential or low-rise buildings.
Additionally, external wall insulation systems (contact façades) offer a practical solution to upgrade the appearance of older buildings. They are particularly useful on hard to treat external walls and to improve fire safety.
- Non-combustible A1 Euroclass Reaction to Fire classification
- Excellent thermal performance
- Excellent sound absorption characteristics provide high levels of sound reduction
- Breathable, allowing moisture vapour to pass through the construction
- Easy to cut with a large bladed knife or serrated saw
- Manufactured with Krimpact® Technology, which provides high levels of compressive strength
- Reveal slab is designed for use around window, door and other wall apertures
|Quantity per Pack
|Area per Pallet (m²)
Additional Product Information
- ECOSE® Technology
ECOSE® Technology is our revolutionary sustainable bio-based binder used in the manufacture of all of our glass mineral wool products, and the majority of our rock mineral wool products. invented nearly 10 years ago, it is not only unique, but very much central to our sustainability strategy. Our ECOSE® Technology is present in EWI Slabs and is just another key benefit of our products.
ECOSE® Technology has 5 key benefits
- A natural binder
- A lower embodied energy
- Proven durability
- Optimum indoor air comfort
- Easy to handle
We care for the people who make our products, the people who use them and the world we all depend on.
Whilst we are dedicated to supplying sustainable high performance insulation solutions for enhanced energy efficiency in buildings, we also continually strive for improvements in our manufacturing and supply chain operations so to improve quality and minimise our impact on the environment. All Knauf Insulation production locations have state-of-the-art manufacturing equipment and meet the highest quality standards as well as they are supported by an ongoing research and development program. All of our products including EWI slabs are sustainably manufactured.
At Knauf Insulation, we have 7 key sustainability considerations:
- to conserve natural resources
- to reduce the evironmental effects of our own processes
- Treating people fairly, along the supply chain
- Delivering our products efficiently
- Building a comfortable and healthy indoor environment
- Performance reporting